Gah!

NSFW Jan. 18th, 2009 04:38 pm
belgatherial: (Default)
[personal profile] belgatherial
WHAT is this woman's issue with foreign cars? SERIOUSLY? Is it really that necessary to pound the whole buy American, Volvo's are bad nonsense quite so hard? I have read 3 and a half chapters, and I cannot believe the number of times she has casually slipped in disparaging remarks about 'foreign' cars. Snark about Toyotas, snark about "stupid shiny Volvo owners". I DON'T GET IT.

Freak.

Date: 2009-01-18 05:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellyssian.livejournal.com
Well, Volvos are clunky (a bit better now, from what I've seen, but I can't vouch for them having got rid of all that clunkiness), and Toyotas have never really impressed me, so I might have to agree with her on them thar furrin' cars.

I mean, if it's not made my Lamborghini, it barely even counts as a car... =)

Date: 2009-01-18 05:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellyssian.livejournal.com
Just to clarify: I realize now who you are referring to, and now I feel all dirty having, however jokingly, referred to being in agreement with her.

If sparkly vampires existed, I'd have to punch a few in the nose just to make up for this indiscretion.

I am deeply shamed.

Date: 2009-01-18 07:30 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] belgatherial.livejournal.com
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Ahem. Sorry, maybe I should have clarified that I was ranting about bad literature rather than cars, per se.

And... aren't Lamborghini's Italian, anyway???

Date: 2009-01-18 09:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] belgatherial.livejournal.com
Ah, you were being funny! My bad. Obviously Ms. Meyer ate my usually astute sense of humour. ;P

Profile

belgatherial: (Default)
belgatherial

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789 101112
13141516 1718 19
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 06:38 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios