====
In my first year in the Emirates, I got roped into helping a bunch of teens put on a show. They were a really good bunch of kids. We put on a play based loosely on a bunch of Dr Seuss books. The kids worked themselves to the bone, wrote songs, came up with bits of script and made costumes. And one weekend, I went in to paint bits of set, and listened to Incubus.
So, when I hear this, I think of 45 degree arid desert heat, and paint on my hands, and a group of teens in a society which does not appreciate or have much tradition of theatre, and Dr Seuss, and knowing that every now and then, regardless of how hard and pointless that job felt most of the time, I *did* make a difference in the lives of a few kids in the desert.
====
Click here for more story.
====
See me in a hat!
This is post 5 out of 49.
Want to sponsor my madness? Go here to do so!
Sponsors since last post: still no-one.
Total raised so far: $349 out of $500
====
(In case you're new to the party, and have somehow missed the fact that I am doing blogathon, I am raising money for the KidsCan Charitable Trust by posting every half hour for 24 hours. I am posting songs that remind me of stuff, and telling the stories of which they remind me. I am picking songs randomly (or, to be precise, foobar is), and posting them in no particular order.)
Looking good :-)
Date: 2010-07-31 03:06 pm (UTC)Emerson....